MBE Foundation Course
With our online MBE Foundation Course, you'll identify your personal areas of strength and weakness so that you'll be ready to hit the ground running when you get to your General Bar Review Course. We will cover the most up-to-date MBE trends. Each session covers one of the seven MBE subjects: Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Procedure, Evidence, Real Property, Torts, and Federal Civil Procedure. For every topic within each of the 7 MBE subjects, you will receive:
- A brief overview of what to expect on the actual bar exam and how it will be tested. You will be given techniques and approaches that are specific to each topic within each of the 7 MBE subjects. Depending on the topic, each overview will take 5 to 10 minutes to watch.
- You'll take an exam-like practice quiz that focuses on the most heavily tested areas for each topic. Depending on the topic, the number of exam-like questions in each quiz will vary. Each quiz will take you 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
- Our faculty will walk you through each of the exam-like practice quizzes. We will review the law on which the answer to each question is based, and provide essential strategies and techniques to maximize your test performance. Depending on the topic, each quiz review session will last 45 minutes to 1 hour.
How much time should I budget to complete this course?
We recommend that you budget 7 time-slots, one for each MBE subject. You should block out 7 hours for each time-slot.
Exclusive Tools and Resources
Miss a lecture? Want to review a concept? Classes are archived online. You can listen to an entire lecture or just parts of one at your convenience.
Our online MBE Qbank contains 800 sample test questions with detailed answer explanations, in addition to those provided in the course material. You can use it to create customized practice quizzes and track your progress.
Have a question about the outlines or practice materials presented in our courses? Send us an e-mail. Our attorneys will help you get back on track.
- Practice Workbook with More Than 1,000 Questions
- Diagnostic 50-Question Quizzes in Each Subject
Your MBE Foundation Course comes with the following outlines, workbooks and hands-on tools:
- Multistate Workbook
Choose the Way You Want to Attend Class
Classroom On-Site (includes Lectures-On-Demand)
Traditional classroom environment. If you miss a lecture or just want to to review part of one, all of our lectures are available On-Demand.
Self-paced program that allows you to listen to lectures where and when you want.
About the MBE
The Multistate Bar Exam at a Glance
What is the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE)?
The MBE is a national, 6-hour, 200-question multiple-choice test. In most states, the MBE accounts for 40% to 50% of your Bar Exam score. Nationally, 29% of all Bar Exam takers do not pass the exam.. Many who fail miss getting a passing score by just a small margin. Answering a few extra MBE questions correctly can make the difference between passing and failing the Bar Exam.
Important MBE Facts:
- The MBE accounts for one full day of the Bar Exam and is required by every state except Louisiana and Washington.
- The MBE is divided into two 3-hour sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, with 100 questions in each session.
- Subjects tested on the MBE: Constitutional Law (31 questions), Contracts (33 questions), Criminal Law and Procedure (31 questions), Evidence (31 questions), Real Property (31 questions), and Torts (33 questions)
- 10 of the 200 MBE questions are not used for scoring purposes. These questions are indistinguishable from the live test items.
- You have an average of 1.8 minutes to answer each question.
|State Bar Exam||Weight of MBE|
|District of Columbia||50%|
Bill my Firm
More than 700 law firms and offices pay for Kaplan PMBR bar review courses.
- Many firms will pay for our Supplemental MBE Courses in addition to another general bar review course.
- If you have verified that your law firm will pay for your Supplemental MBE Courses click here to enroll today and provide the information necessary so that we are able to bill your firm.
- If you are unsure whether or not your firms pays for your Supplemental MBE Courses please click here to contact us and we will verify your firms billing policy.