The Dental School Interview
When applying to dental school, your interview is an important requirement for admissions. In addition, some schools use interviews to evaluate borderline cases. Whatever the reason for the interview, it's important that you schedule with the admissions officer early.
Top Dental School Interview Tips
- Review your application. The interviewer is likely to ask specific questions about it.
- Be ready to relate several stories on how you took initiative or participated in a leadership role.
- Be open and honest.
- Ask good questions and make sure the answer is not in the school's reading materials.
- Be prepared to give a convincing answer to the interviewer's inevitable question, "Why here?"
- Follow proper business decorum.
- Watch your non-verbal clues, such as eye contact, posture, and fidgeting.
- Write a thank-you note.
- Be courteous to the administrative staff. How you treat them can have an impact (positive or negative).