Save $100 on SHSAT Classroom with code SHSAT100 through July 14.*
Students prepare in a structured classroom setting with one of our expert teachers at a location near you. Your child will build confidence and important test-taking skills through time-saving strategies, test-like practice, dynamic instruction, and targeted review of SHSAT content.
What Makes SHSAT Classroom Unique?
- Comprehensive Instruction: 8 three-hour teaching sessions
- Realistic Practice: 4 full-length practice tests
- Unmatched Expertise: our expert teachers have second-to-none credentials, top scores on the SHSAT, and a proven record of helping students gain admission into New York City Specialized High Schools
- Test Taking Strategies: proven, score-raising strategies designed to help maximize available study time—and points on Test Day
- Additional Resources: comprehensive SHSAT course book
- Ultimate in Convenience: extensive convenient class options and locations throughout the five boroughs
Why Prep for the SHSAT with Kaplan?
Our founder, Stanley H. Kaplan, invented the test prep industry in Brooklyn over 75 years ago. While today Kaplan is a global educational provider, our roots will always be right here in New York.
Kaplan's comprehensive courses are research-based and specifically designed to help students score higher on the SHSAT.
- We focus on reviewing the content on the exam, teaching your child critical thinking strategies so they can move efficiently through the test. It’s not enough to feel prepared. Your child should feel confident on Test Day.
- We emphasize maximizing your child’s available study time with the right strategies and methods - not laboring on rote memorization and drill techniques. Your child should prep smarter, not harder.
Most importantly, we understand a high SHSAT score can change the trajectory of your child’s education. To this end, we are dedicated to helping your child achieve his or her goals — we succeed when your child succeeds.