Have a bracelet code? Click here.
ENTER TO WIN KAPLAN'S GOOD LIFE SWEEPSTAKES
AND GET YOUR GOOD LIFE OFF TO A GREAT START.
HAVE A BRACELET CODE?
Kaplan Test Prep 395 Hudson Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10014 USA 212-492-5800
Kaplan's Good Life Sweepstakes - Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The "Kaplan’s Good Life”("Sweepstakes") commences at 6:59 A.M. EST on August 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 P.M. EST on October 31, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Entry forms will be available online at www.kaptest.com/goodlife, through promotional events that may run near you, and through promotional emails that you may receive. All electronic or online entries must be received by Kaplan no later than October 31, 2014 at 11:59 P.M. EST. All print official entry forms must be postmarked by November 3, 2014 or submitted to a Kaplan representative at a promotional event by October 31, 2013.
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of August 1, 2014. Officers, directors, representatives and employees of Kaplan, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its parent, affiliates or subsidiaries, or their respective advertising, promotion, publicity, production, and judging agencies and their immediate families and household members are not eligible to enter.
4. TO ENTER. You may enter one of two ways: (1) simply visit the URL www.kaptest.com/goodlife , fill-out the entry form and submit it online during the Sweepstakes Period; or (2) pick up a print official entry form from a Kaplan representative on-campus or at a promotional event during the Sweepstakes Period while supplies last, and drop off the completed entry form with the Kaplan representative on-campus before October 31,2013 or alternatively you may mail it to the address on the entry form. As part of your entry, you will be asked to provide your first and last name, email address, phone number, zip code, anticipated grad year, and test interest. For any entrant that is present at a promotional event and receives a bracelet from Kaplan, the entrant will be able to submit a second entry to increase chances of winning. For the second entry, the entrant will be directed to provide the same email address as on the first entry at www.kaptest.com/unlock
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON AND EMAIL ADDRESS. Multiple entries (except as permitted above) will be disqualified. Entries are void if they contain typographical, printing or other errors. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Entries that are mutilated, altered, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are also void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned to the entrant. Sponsor and those working on its behalf will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected or damaged mail or email or for Internet, network, computer hardware and software, phone or other technical errors, malfunctions and delays that may occur. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is the natural person to whom an email address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. By entering or accepting a prize in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, the Sponsor and these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. WINNER SELECTION. One (1) winner will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing to be held on or about November 14, 2014. The drawing will be conducted by an independent judge whose decision shall be final and binding in all regards. Entrants need not be present to win. Please note that if the entrant selected as the winner resides in Canada, he/she will have to correctly answer a timed, test-prep question in order to be confirmed as the winner and claim the prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VALIDATION. Winner of the drawing will be notified by electronic mail and phone within ten (10) days after the drawing. An Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with these Official Rules and a Liability and (unless prohibited) Publicity Release must be executed and returned by the potential winner within ten (10) days after prize notification is sent. If the winner is under eighteen (18) years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or legal guardian who will be required to execute an Affidavit. Failure of the potential winner to complete, sign and return any requested documents within such period or the return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner in Sponsor's sole discretion. You are not a winner unless your submissions are validated.
In the event that a winner chooses not to accept his or her prize, does not respond to winner notification within the time period noted on the notification or does not return a completed Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with these Official Rules and a Liability and (unless prohibited) Publicity Release within twenty-one (21) days after prize notification is sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected in Sponsor's sole discretion.
7. PRIZE. One (1) entrant will be selected as the winner of $10,000.00 USD. Prize is not transferable. Any applicable taxes or fees are the winner's sole responsibility. (Winner will be required to submit tax information for release of the prize). All prizes must be redeemed within ten (10) days of notice of award.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering the Sweepstakes or accepting the Sweepstakes prize, winner accepts all the conditions, restrictions, requirements and/or regulations required by the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, picture, likeness, address (city and state) and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes for this and/or similar promotions, without prior approval or compensation. Acceptance of a prize constitutes a waiver of any claim to royalties, rights or remuneration for said use. Winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and successors from any and all claims, damages, injury, death, loss or other liability that may arise from winner's participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or cancel all or any portions of the Sweepstakes because of technical errors or malfunctions, viruses, hackers, or for other reasons beyond Sponsor's control that impair or corrupt the Sweepstakes in any manner. In such event, Sponsor shall award prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or corruption. Sponsor also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who fails to comply with these Official Rules, who attempts to enter the Sweepstakes in any manner or through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, or who attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or the kaptest.com website or to circumvent any of these Official Rules.
9. WINNERS LIST. Starting January 1, 2015, a winners' list may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
“Kaplan’s Good Life" Winners' List
Kaplan Test Prep Marketing Department
395 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
All winners' list requests must be received by January 15, 2014.
10. USE OF ENTRANT AND WINNER INFORMATION. The information that you provide in connection with the Sweepstakes may be used for Sponsor's and select Corporate Partners' purposes to send you information about Sponsor's and its Corporate Partners' products and services. If you would like your name removed from Sponsor's mailing list or if you do not wish to receive information from Sponsor or its Corporate Partners, write to:
Grad Marketing Department
Attn: Kaplan's “Good Life” Sweepstakes Opt Out
395 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
11. SPONSOR. The Sponsors of this Sweepstakes is: Kaplan, Inc. acting through its Kaplan Test Prep Division, 395 Hudson Street, 4th Floor New York, NY 10014 and Kaplan (Canada) Ltd..
12. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Last Updated: July, 2013
Welcome to Kaplan Test Prep, a division of Kaplan, Inc. (together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, "Kaplan" or "we" or "us"). By visiting Kaptest.com (the "Site"), you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and will make the most recent version available on the Site. By using this Site and continuing to use the Site after any modifications, you agree to the terms and to be bound by any such changes.
Personal Use Only: This Site is for your personal use only. Commercial use of the Site or of any Site content is prohibited.
Children: The Site is intended for the use of adults 18 years or older and children over the age of 13. You are not permitted to use the Site if you are under the age of 13. By using the Site, you agree to provide us with accurate information concerning your age or identity if we request it. You also agree not to assist children under the age of 13 in accessing the Site or to attempt to contact children under 13 through the Site.
Copyrights: All content, applications, digital downloads, data compilations on the Site and all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio included in them ("Site Materials") are the property of or licensed to Kaplan, Inc. The Site contain material that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, and the Site themselves are protected as a collective work under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. Except for User Content (defined under User Content section below) that you own, you may not download, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit, any component of the Site Materials.
Trademarks: The trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of Kaplan and of Kaplan's licensors. You may not use the Trademarks in connection with any product or service that does not belong to us, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among users about whether we are the source, sponsor, or endorser of the product or service, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us. You may not frame the content of the Site without express, written consent by Kaplan. You may not use metatags or any other "hidden text" that incorporates the Kaplan Trademarks or our name without our express written consent.
User Content: By submitting content, regardless of form or medium, (collectively, "User Content"), you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free, license to use, publish, publicly display and sublicense User Content, in whole or in part, in original form or as edited or modified by us, in all languages, forms and media, on the Site and elsewhere, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to edit, modify and/or remove your Content without prior notice.
You are solely responsible for your User Content, and you represent that you will not: (I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (II) use a false identity or impersonate any other person or use a name that you are not authorized to use; (III) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, or give rise to civil liability or is otherwise inappropriate.
Reporting to Copyright Agent: If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that any of the Site Materials infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512 ©) to our Copyright Agent with the following information: (I) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (II) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (III) the URL of the location containing the material that you claim is infringing; (IV) your address, telephone number, and email address; (V) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (VI) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our Copyright Agent can be reached as follows:
By mail: Attn: Copyright Agent
550 West Van Buren Street
Chicago, IL 60607
By phone: (800) 527-8378
By fax: (800) 878-4364
By email: email@example.com
DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL INFORMATION ON THE SITES AND/OR INCLUDED IN E-MAILS DISTRIBUTED TO YOU BY US IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. IN NO EVENT SHALL KAPLAN BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Linked Site: We do not endorse and are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to our Site.
Waiver of Jury Trial: The parties hereby irrevocably waive any and all right to trial by jury in any legal proceedings arising from or relating to these Terms and Conditions.
Choice of Law and Forum: Any dispute between us arising from or related to these Terms and Conditions will be governed by New York law and the exclusive forum for disputes arising from or related to this agreement shall be the state and federal courts of New York.
Severability: If any provision of this Agreement is ruled unenforceable, that provision will be severed from this Agreement, and the other provisions will remain effective and enforceable.
Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we may send one or more cookies–a small file containing a string of characters–to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the Site during future visits. Our servers may automatically record information when you visit our Site. These servers' logs may include information such as your web request and Internet Protocol address.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including personally identifying information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, educational background, educational goals and interests, and credit card information ("personal data").
Use of Your Information
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- for the purpose you provided personal data, for example to enroll you in one of our courses, to process your order of one of our products or to respond to a specific inquiry;
- to enhance your experience of other Kaplan products and services;
- to administer, support, improve and develop our business;
- to send you information about Kaplan products or services and information that we believe will be of interest to you or to send you information about select third party's products or services that may be of interest to you (although you may choose upfront that we not share your personal data with these third parties by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org);
- to allow you access to the Site to post your content or communicate with others; and
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes. We may disclose your information in response to legal process, to protect our rights, as otherwise required by law, or for the prevention or detection of a crime. If we sell our company or part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we may disclose your information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services. We may share you data with service providers who help us to run the Site or to fulfill your request. We may share your data with our affiliates and subsidiaries.
Transfer of Data Outside of Your Home Country
Your information will be held in the United States. Your information may also be stored, processed and accessed in other countries where Kaplan has facilities. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your information outside your country, including to the United States.
Your Ability To Choose
You can let us know if you do not want us to send you information by taking the following steps:
- To stop further delivery of informational emails, click the opt-out link at the bottom of these messages;
- To let us know about your other communication preferences, either call 1-800-KAP-TEST or send an email to email@example.com. Please identify all the email addresses, postal address information, and phone numbers that you may have submitted to us, so we can ensure that we respect your wishes.
You can let us know if you do not want us to share your data with other companies by either calling 1-800-KAP-TEST, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, please identify all the data you have submitted to us, so we can ensure that all your email addresses, postal address information, and phone numbers are marked "do not share."
Security & Information Retention
We employ security measures to protect your information both online and offline from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Changes to This Policy
Updating My Profile
If you are a registered member of the Site, you may review and update your personal data by clicking the "Update My Profile" icon on your membership page. If you have any questions about our treatment of your data, or if you wish to update your personal data, you can call us at 1-800-KAP-TEST or send an email to email@example.com.
395 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed as follows:
By mail: Kaplan, Inc. 550 West Van Buren Street, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60607
By phone: 800- 527-8378
By fax: 800-878-4364
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org