- DAT PREP OPTIONS
- FREE PREP & PRACTICE
- EXPLORE THE DAT
DAT Test Prep
With 5 full-length practice tests and thousands of review questions, get the prep you need to reach your DAT test goals and better your chances for admission into dental school.
or 3 installments of $433.00
Convenient, flexible, and the only DAT self-study program guaranteed to raise your score or your money back.*Learn More
or 3 installments of $499.66
A traditional classroom experience plus four live online sessions.Learn More
or 3 installments of $999.66
Customized, one-on-one instruction from an expert tutor.Learn More
Prep smarter, score higher — guaranteed, or your money back*
- The Dental Admission Test®, developed by the American Dental Association (ADA) and administered year-round at Prometric Testing Centers, is a standardized, multiple-choice exam created to help dental school admissions officers assess your knowledge as a prerequisite to the study of dental medicine. Basically, it’s the standardized test most dental schools require as part of their admissions process.
- The DAT exam requires substantial stamina and focus. It has 280 questions and is 4 hours and 15 minutes long, excluding breaks. Kaplan’s DAT practice tests, available in every DAT prep course we offer, help keep you on the ball in terms of timing.
- The DAT is offered exclusively on computer and consists of a battery of four distinct tests: Survey of Natural Sciences, Perceptual Ability, Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Reasoning. Based on your strengths and weaknesses, Kaplan’s DAT prep courses offer ways to customize your DAT prep around your greatest areas of opportunity.
- On the Survey of Natural Sciences, you will have 90 minutes to answer 100 multiple-choice questions, subdivided into three science areas: Biology, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry.
- On the Reading Comprehension section, you'll have 60 minutes to address three passages, with a total of 50 questions. These long, dense excerpts are often filled with scientific jargon and technical explanations.
- The DAT has a unique section called the Perceptual Ability Test (PAT), designed to test your spatial visualization skills and your ability to interpret two-dimensional representations of three-dimensional objects. On the PAT, you'll have 60 minutes to answer a total of 90 questions divided into six categories, each consisting of 15 questions.
- Scoring on the DAT can be confusing. You will receive 7 scores, including a separate score for Reading Comprehension, Perceptual Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, and each of the 3 science disciplines tested in Survey of Natural Sciences. In addition, you will receive an Academic Average Score, which takes into account your performance on all of the sections of the exam except Perceptual Ability.
- Each of these scores is reported on a 1-30 scale (30 being the highest possible score). A score of 18 signifies average performance on a national basis. Scores are based on the total number of correct answers; so there is no penalty for guessing. The fee to take the DAT exam is $445. You can only take the DAT once every 90 days.
You can sign up and attend from anywhere with an internet connection. For free prep or practice happening in your area, enter your zip code in the space below.
Our pop quiz is the quickest way to see if you’re ready for the kinds of questions you’ll find on the DAT. Solve the four problems and get detailed explanations for each. That way, you’ll know how to handle similar ones when they appear on Test Day.
Free Practice Test
Learn what to expect and how you’d score on the exam with our Free Practice Test. Plus, get a breakdown of which areas need improvement and how to score higher next time.
Inside the Classroom
Want to know what happens inside a Kaplan prep class for the DAT? Find out for free. Our Inside the Classroom series gives you a taste of what it’s like to attend a Live Online class.
Take 20 minutes to test your knowledge of the DAT material and get complete explanations of every question. Plus, you’ll receive Kaplan strategies that’ll save you time and help you score higher. Compete against your friends and find out who’s really ready for Test Day.
Path to Dental School
A one-hour event that provides essential information regarding the process you must follow to become a dentist, including details about prerequisite courses, the admissions timeline, and taking the DAT. Our Kaplan expert will provide you with a clear sense of your professional path and what next steps will help ensure acceptance into your top-choice schools.
Perfect for those looking for intensive DAT prep. Our 90min DAT Bootcamp sessions are notoriously intense. Sign up to tackle the toughest problems and learn essential strategies that’ll allow you to ace the test like a pro.
Check out the free events in your area.
THE EXPERTISE & SUPPORT
Learn from DAT experts who coach and support you throughout your prep.
THE REALISTIC PRACTICE
Take the most realistic full-length and section-length tests, plus quizzes on any DAT topic.
THE CUTTING-EDGE STUDY PLAN
Follow a dynamic study plan that serves up the right material just for you.
Get a higher score, guaranteed or your money back.*
*Higher Score Guarantee: Conditions and restrictions apply. For complete guarantee eligibility requirements, visit kaptest.com/hsg.
*Offer: $175 off applies to DAT® Private Tutoring, In Person, Live Online, and Self-Paced new enrollments from November 20, 2017 through November 23, 2017 11:59 p.m. PT. Discount may not be combined with any other promotion or offer.