How do you prefer to prep for the MCAT?
MCAT In Person Options
The In Person option is your perfect blend of in-class instruction with our expert MCAT faculty and comprehensive resources for out-of-class, realistic practice.
- Cover all the content and skills on the MCAT
- 540 hours of instruction and practice
- 300+ hours of online resources, including 14 full-length practice tests
- The most available AAMC practice materials
- Focus on the instruction you need most
- Unlimited access to The MCAT Channel
- Over 130 interactive Science Review videos
- A personalized study plan that adjusts to your strengths and weaknesses
- This course will fit into your life
- Choose from the most course schedules available
- Convenient live and recorded make-up sessions
- Prep on-the-go with digital books, a flashcard app, and Qbank
- Be confident preparing with the world leader
- Twice as many doctors prepared for the MCAT with a Kaplan course than with any other.*
- We’ve prepared thousands of students for the new MCAT and we’re using their feedback to continually improve
- You’re guaranteed a higher MCAT score or your money back*
- Three one-on-one sessions with your MCAT Coach, live online via our virtual classroom
- Personalized coaching to manage your time wisely and create a personal study plan that works best for you
- Essential tips about your MCAT prep and the med school admissions process
- Two Foundations Self-Paced online courses (each a $499 value) with over 50 hours of foundational instruction in the new Biochemistry, Psychology, and Sociology content on the MCAT 2015 blueprint
Have questions? Call 1-800-KAP-TEST.
- The Medical College Admission Test® (MCAT®), developed and administered by the AAMC, is a standardized, multiple-choice exam created to help medical school admissions officers assess your knowledge as a prerequisite to the study of medicine. Basically, it's the standardized test most medical schools require as part of their admissions process.
- The MCAT exam requires substantial stamina and focus. It has 230 questions and is over 6 hours, 15 minutes long, excluding breaks. Kaplan’s MCAT practice tests, available in every MCAT prep course we offer, help keep you on the ball in terms of timing.
- The MCAT exam is comprised of 4 sections: Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems; Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS); Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems; and Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior. Based on your strengths and weaknesses, Kaplan’s MCAT prep courses offer ways to customize your MCAT prep around your greatest areas of opportunity.
- In each of the science sections, you’ll face 10 passages with 4 to 7 questions each and 15 standalone questions.
- Each of the 4 sections on the MCAT test are scored between 118 and 132, for a total possible score of 528. The median score is expected to be 125 per section for a total median score of 500.
- Your MCAT test score remains valid for three years. Some schools even limit it to within two years of the application deadline.
- Kaplan recommends between 300 and 350 hours of total MCAT test prep. For example, you could break your MCAT review into 10 weeks—or approximately 2 ½ months—of 30 hours of studying per week. The time you devote to your MCAT prep will also depend on individual factors, like how many prerequisite courses you’ve already taken and your familiarity with the exam material..
- The cost of the MCAT exam is $310. Make sure you choose the right MCAT test prep for you, so you don’t have to pay the fee a second time.
In the CARS section, you’ll face 9 passages. Kaplan lets you adjust your section time limits on the MCAT practice test so you can work your way up from your starting pace to the standard time on the real MCAT exam.
150+ hours of total instruction, practice tools, applications, and on demand Science Review videos—everything you need, the way you need it. Plus our exclusive MCAT Channel.
With our automated feedback tool, SmartReports™, you get in-depth insights into your greatest strengths and weaknesses on the MCAT with recommended instruction just for you.
This is the only MCAT course that requires every instructor to be score-qualified and trained on the entire exam—ensuring that you are taught by an MCAT expert.
14 full-length exams, over 8,000+ MCAT practice items, and the most available official AAMC practice resources. Only realistic practice makes perfect.
*Unlimited Prep offer available from January 12th to January 31st midnight PT Unlimited Prep refers to one enrollee’s unlimited use of online assets and unlimited registrations for classroom component of his or her program through September 9, 2017. Students should call 1-800-KAP-TEST to register for scheduled classroom sessions available. Enrollment is valid for one person only and cannot be shared, transferred, or sold to others. Failure to use any available resource may not be credited or transferred in any way. Tutoring sessions and Summer Intensive classroom sessions are not part of the unlimited resources. MCAT Self-Paced registrations between January 12, 2017 and January 31, 2017 are eligible for unlimited use of online assets through September 9, 2017 (extended date at no additional cost to you).
*Higher Score Guarantee: Conditions and restrictions apply. For complete guarantee eligibility requirements, visit kaptest.com/hsg.