How do you prefer to prep for the MCAT?
Want test prep on your terms? Prefer working on your own from home? With Kaplan's Self-Paced online courses, you can work at your own place, at your own pace—wherever you are, at whatever time suits you.
- A comprehensive array of instructional videos covering everything you would learn in any other Kaplan course
- Over 100 hours of total instruction
- A total of 8,000+ MCAT practice items, including 14 full-length practice tests, each psychometrically evaluated and fully aligned with the new test blueprint
- A complete MCAT library: Kaplan’s best-selling 7-book Subject Review, Lesson Book, and High-Yield Problem Solving Guide—created in partnership with Scientific American (also available as eBooks)
- MCAT Qbank—design your own practice quizzes from more than 1,000 MCAT-style questions and track your progress as you go
- A mobile flashcard app for convenient prep on the go
- Kaplan’s Higher Score Guarantee: You will score higher with Kaplan—guaranteed or your money back*
- and much more…
- Free and unlimited access to The MCAT Channel - review MCAT content & strategies and get your questions answered in real-time by Kaplan's top-rated instructors, live online six days a week with recordings available 24/7
- Three one-on-one sessions with your MCAT Coach, live online via our virtual classroom
- Personalized coaching to manage your time wisely and create a personal study plan that works best for you
- Essential tips about your MCAT prep and the med school admissions process
- Two Foundations Self-Paced online courses (each a $499 value) with over 50 hours of foundational instruction in the new Biochemistry, Psychology, and Sociology content on the MCAT 2015 blueprint
Have questions? Call 1-800-KAP-TEST.
- The Medical College Admission Test® (MCAT®), developed and administered by the AAMC, is a standardized, multiple-choice exam created to help medical school admissions officers assess your knowledge as a prerequisite to the study of medicine. Basically, it's the standardized test most medical schools require as part of their admissions process.
- The MCAT exam requires substantial stamina and focus. It has 230 questions and is over 6 hours, 15 minutes long, excluding breaks. Kaplan’s MCAT practice tests, available in every MCAT prep course we offer, help keep you on the ball in terms of timing.
- The MCAT exam is comprised of 4 sections: Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems; Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS); Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems; and Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior. Based on your strengths and weaknesses, Kaplan’s MCAT prep courses offer ways to customize your MCAT prep around your greatest areas of opportunity.
- In each of the science sections, you’ll face 10 passages with 4 to 7 questions each and 15 standalone questions.
- Each of the 4 sections on the MCAT test are scored between 118 and 132, for a total possible score of 528. The median score is expected to be 125 per section for a total median score of 500.
- Your MCAT test score remains valid for three years. Some schools even limit it to within two years of the application deadline.
- Kaplan recommends between 300 and 350 hours of total MCAT test prep. For example, you could break your MCAT review into 10 weeks—or approximately 2 ½ months—of 30 hours of studying per week. The time you devote to your MCAT prep will also depend on individual factors, like how many prerequisite courses you’ve already taken and your familiarity with the exam material..
- The cost of the MCAT exam is $310. Make sure you choose the right MCAT test prep for you, so you don’t have to pay the fee a second time.
In the CARS section, you’ll face 9 passages. Kaplan lets you adjust your section time limits on the MCAT practice test so you can work your way up from your starting pace to the standard time on the real MCAT exam.
150+ hours of total instruction, practice tools, applications, and on demand Science Review videos—everything you need, the way you need it. Plus our exclusive MCAT Channel.
With our automated feedback tool, SmartReports™, you get in-depth insights into your greatest strengths and weaknesses on the MCAT with recommended instruction just for you.
This is the only MCAT course that requires every instructor to be score-qualified and trained on the entire exam—ensuring that you are taught by an MCAT expert.
14 full-length exams, over 8,000+ MCAT practice items, and the most available official AAMC practice resources. Only realistic practice makes perfect.
*Unlimited Prep offer available from January 12th to January 31st midnight PT Unlimited Prep refers to one enrollee’s unlimited use of online assets and unlimited registrations for classroom component of his or her program through September 9, 2017. Students should call 1-800-KAP-TEST to register for scheduled classroom sessions available. Enrollment is valid for one person only and cannot be shared, transferred, or sold to others. Failure to use any available resource may not be credited or transferred in any way. Tutoring sessions and Summer Intensive classroom sessions are not part of the unlimited resources. MCAT Self-Paced registrations between January 12, 2017 and January 31, 2017 are eligible for unlimited use of online assets through September 9, 2017 (extended date at no additional cost to you).
*Higher Score Guarantee: Conditions and restrictions apply. For complete guarantee eligibility requirements, visit kaptest.com/hsg.