Find an MCAT class
Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills Section
The formal name of this section is Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills. Since that’s a mouthful, we will just call it CARS. While there is a lot of content to learn for the other three sections, the CARS section doesn’t test any prior content knowledge. All information necessary to answer the questions is included in the passage. The CARS section is essentially testing you on how well you are able to analyze arguments and find the underlying assumptions and inferences. The section is 90 minutes in length, with 53 questions, all of which are connected to their respective passages.
- What is the MCAT?
- What is on the MCAT?
- What are the MCAT sections?
- Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems (Chem/Phys)
- Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS)
- Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems (Bio/Biochem)
- Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior (Psych/Soc)
- What is a good MCAT score?
- MCAT Test Dates & Registration
- Understanding your MCAT Score