Houston Medical Live Center
Prepare for the USMLE® in Houston, and you'll soon learn why "everything is bigger and better in Texas."
From the spacious apartments, to the world's largest Medical Center, and Livestock Show and Rodeo, Houston certainly lives up to its reputation. Houston has one of the youngest, diverse populations, as well as cheapest cost of living in the U.S. On your days off from studying, visit Discovery Green Park for a kayak boat ride, Saturday Yoga sessions, or Summer Salsa dancing. Hungry? The city is also a foodies' dream, with over 11,000 restaurants of seemingly infinite cuisines to sample. Yes, you'll be busy alright...busy enjoying life.
Top 5 things to do:
- Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, showcasing famous work like the Menil Collection.
- Meditate at the Rothko Chapel, a sanctuary for anyone looking for solitude and tranquility.
- Visit the Museum of Natural Science, and catch a movie at the IMAX theater.
- Shop at the Houston Galleria, the 4th largest indoor mall in the nation.
- Explore Rice Village, just blocks away from Kaplan, for an array of shops, spas, restaurants, and pubs.
- Visit Highland Village-a picturesque part of Westheimer Street, lined with palm trees.
- Grab your peanuts and watch a Houston Texans football game or Houston Astros baseball game.
- Catch your favorite team or band in concert at the famous Toyota Center.
- Explore space at the Space Center Houston, the visitor center for the Lyndon B Johnson Space Center.
- Walk through The Downtown Tunnels—a six-mile long underground maze with shops and food.
The Texas Medical Center, the world's largest group of medical institutions and associations, is located within miles of Kaplan. This access provides a multitude of opportunities for our USMLE candidates for research positions, observerships, externships, and, ultimately, residency positions.
Want to learn more about the Houston Kaplan Medical Live center?
Call +1 713 520 7223 to speak with an advisor today.
Upcoming Free Events:
Nov 28, 2017
Step 1 Sample Lecture
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM ET
Dec 7, 2017
Improve your Score - USMLE Study Tips
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM ET
Dec 12, 2017
USMLE Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers!)
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM ET
Dec 20, 2017
Advice on Applying for the 2019 Match
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
- USMLE Step 1 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 1 Prep- Live
- USMLE Step 1 Prep- In Center
- USMLE Step 2 CK Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep-Live
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep-In Center
- USMLE Step 3 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 3 Prep In Center
IMG-friendly hospitals near the center
- Baylor Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- University of Texas at Houston
- MD Anderson
- 1 floor of classrooms
- 2 floors of study space with group and quite study rooms
- 1 large computer lab
- Student lounge with microwave, filtered water, coffee machine, & vending machines
- Prayer room
- Free wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi)
I enjoy studying in the Houston Kaplan Center because it allows me to meet people of different cultures, but with the same goals and interests as me.