Prep for the USMLE® in Miami, quite appropriately dubbed the "City Beautiful".
Our medical center is centrally located amidst all the must do's in Miami-including 140 dining establishments and gourmet shops. Miami Beach has evolved into an urban metropolis with all the amenities of a beach-town and a big city. You'll enjoy its a thriving arts scene, busy business center, and some of the best hotels in the world-all surrounded by natural wonderland with turquoise waters, skyscraper palms. Not to mention its high-octane nightlife when study hours are over. You'll be living the dream while you're working towards your dream—need we say more?
Top 5 things to do:
- Visit the world famous South Beach—a major entertainment destination
- Take a stroll down Lincoln Road for the best people watching in Miami, or cozy up in a fancy bar with haute cocktails.
- Visit the Venetian Pool, Douglas Entrance, the Village of Merrick Park Shops, or Biltmore Hotel.
- Uncover the hidden spots of the Midtown/Wynwood area with an eclectic vibe of venues.
- Visit the Everglades-home to one of our nation's rarest animals, the endangered Florida panther.
- Join Mickey Mouse in the Walt Disney World Resort or Harry Potter in the Universal Studios in Orlando.
- Check out the sidewalk cafes, galleries, and boutiques of Coconut Grove—the charming, Bayside village.
- Enjoy top shopping destinations: Aventura Mall, Bal Harbour, Village of Merrick Park, and Sawgrass Mall.
- Visit Key West's Historic Downtown, complete with beautiful beaches, the Hemingway house, and Duval Street.
- Visit Zoo Miami, Miami Seaquarium or the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
According to the NRMP 2014 Match Data, more than half of Florida's first year open positions for residency training were filled by International Medical Graduates (IMGs).
Want to learn more about the Miami Kaplan Medical Live center?
Call +1 305 441 5323 (ext. 5000 or ext. 5002) to speak with an advisor today.
Upcoming Free Events:
Feb 21, 2018
Step 1 Pharmacolgy w/ Dr. Harris
6:00 PM - 8:15 PM ET
Mar 7, 2018
F1 Visa - Coming to the United States
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM ET
Mar 12, 2018
How to Start Preparing for the USMLE Step 1
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM ET
Mar 15, 2018
Residency Timeline for IMG's
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM ET
Mar 20, 2018
Step 2CK Hematology w/ Dr. Barone
6:00 PM - 8:15 PM ET
Mar 22, 2018
Beginning ECFMG Application
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM ET
Mar 29, 2018
Student Success: Scoring a 250 plus on Step 1 and CK
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
- USMLE Step 1 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 1 Prep- Live
- USMLE Step 1 Prep- In Center
- USMLE Step 2 CK Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep-Live
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep-In Center
- USMLE Step 3 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 3 Prep In Center
IMG-friendly hospitals near the center
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Miami Children's Hospital
- Mount Sinai
- Cleveland Clinic
- Kendall Regional Hospital
- Bascolm Palmer
- South Miami
- Baptist Hosp
- Adventura Hospital
- University of Miami
- IM University Miami (Atlantis Campus)
- Florida Atlantic
- Live Lecture Classes are held at an offsite location, just minutes from the center
- 8 classrooms for group & quiet study for afternoon, evenings, and weekends
- Medical Advisor and Center Staff on-site for counseling and advice about the area
- Help with USMLE Study Plan, ECFMG, and application questions
- 2 large computer labs for quiet study (more than 60 computers)
- Student lounge area with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee machine, and vending machines
- Free wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi)
4425 Ponce de Leon Blvd (Suite 1612)
Coral Gables, FL 33146
+1 305 441 5323 (ext. 5000 or ext. 5002)
Hours of operation
Monday - Thursday:
9:00 am - 8:00 pm ET
9:00 am - 5:00 pm ET
10:00 am - 5:00 pm ET
Call Center for holiday hours.
The Kaplan international center at Miami is located in a very nice and peaceful location, and study areas are quiet and comfortable. The support community onsite is friendly and very skillful in organizing study areas and learning materials. The Kaplan faculty is exceptional with many years of clinical and teaching experience. The advisors have excellent knowledge on study materials for licensing exams, are very efficient in setting up ACLS and PALS certifications, and are highly resourceful in helping to find clinical observerships. I also benefited a lot from the guided study sessions at the center, which help you review any topic in a comprehensive way.
— Jaya Mallela