Washington D.C. Medical Live Center
Come prep for the USMLE® in Washington D.C.—the nation's center of historical, cultural, and political life.
You'll quickly become immersed in American culture and encounter iconic landmarks at every turn, from the White House and Capitol Building to the National Air and Space Museum. D.C. is also an educational capital with many major universities, law schools, and medical schools, and also hosts many medical conferences year round-tremendous networking opportunities for internationally-trained doctors. Home to all international embassies, you'll meet other students from around the world and enjoy a cultural experience just by walking down the street. After all, the best education goes beyond the classroom.
Top 5 things to do:
- Visit world-famous monuments like the White House and Lincoln Memorial.
- Walk the National Mall to see other iconic memorials.
- Tour the Supreme Court or the National Cathedral.
- Have a fun night out in the student area of Georgetown.
- Check out Dupont Circle's restaurants and U Street's cutting-edge, live music.
- Tour the Smithsonian Museums-for free!
- Explore waterways, such as The Chesapeake Bay, and enjoy an abundance of local seafood.
- Hop on the train to New York City for an exciting weekend get-away.
- Enjoy musical and theatrical performances at The Kennedy Center.
- Go to a Nationals baseball or Wizards basketball game, right in the city.
Washington D.C. is home to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), one of the most famous medical research centers in the world.
Want to learn more about the Washington D.C. Kaplan Medical Live center?
Call +1 202 728 8501 to speak with an advisor today.
Upcoming Free Events:
Aug 16, 2017
Personal Statement and Application Tips
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET
Sep 12, 2017
Test Taking Strategies Step 1 Sample Lecture
6:15 PM - 9:15 PM ET
Sep 14, 2017
Understanding the USMLE exams: Step 1
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM ET
Sep 19, 2017
Qbank Challenge: Step 1 Deconstructing Board Style Questions
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Sep 21, 2017
Physiology Step 1 Sample Lecture
6:00 PM - 8:15 PM ET
Sep 27, 2017
How to Apply for ECFMG and USMLE
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM ET
- USMLE Step 1 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 1 Prep- Live
- USMLE Step 1 Prep- In Center
- USMLE Step 1 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 2 CK Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep-Live
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep-In Center
- USMLE Step 2 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 3 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 3 Prep In Center
IMG-friendly hospitals near the center
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Howard University, Washington, DC
- Providence Hospital, Washington, DC
- MedStar Franklin Square Hospital Center, Baltimore, MD
- Johns Hopkins University/Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
- St. Agnes HealthCare, Baltimore, MD
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Prince George Hospital Center, Cheverly, MD
- 8 rooms for classes, group study, and tutoring
- 4 Computer labs
- A comfortable student lounge
- A prayer room
- Free wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi)
- Medical library with free access to textbooks and flashcards
Interacting with IMGs from different countries, in addition to the Kaplan faculty, was an added benefit of my prep experience. In addition to forming lifelong friendships, we benefitted from the mutual exchange of information and test prep tips. It was truly a culturally enriching opportunity.
— S. Masood