Pharmacy Pre-Licensure Preparation
Exclusively for Saudi Arabian Scholarship students, Kaplan International's students will get the opportunity to receive Kaplan Medical's FPGEE prep for International Pharmacists while prepping in Kaplan International's Academic Exam Preparation for the TOEFL.
Kaplan International English Location
SAN DIEGO, CA
Study in sunny San Diego, along 80 miles of coastline and experience the vibrant areas of SoCal.
How it Works:
The path to a pharmacy residency in the US starts with FPGEC Certification (Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee):
- Completed FPGEC Application
- Obtain a passing score on the FPGEE (Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination)
- Obtain passing scores on the TOEFL iBT: Reading: 22, Listening: 21, Speaking: 26, Writing: 24
Kaplan's Pharmacy Pre-Licensure Preparation:
- Designed to help you obtain FPGEC certification
- Duration: 9 months
- English preparation offered by Kaplan International and FPGEE prep offered by Kaplan Test Prep
- Expert TOEFL preparation: includes reading, writing, listening and speaking, plus practice exam questions and online simulation tests that mirror the real TOEFL.
- FPGEE Curriculum Review specially developed for international pharmacists
- Expert FPGEE preparation & practice
- Assistance in the FPGEC certification process
- Personalized academic advising
- Successful candidates will be eligible to matriculate into UCSD's Pharmacy Residency Preparation Program (internships, mentorships, NAPLEX and State jurisprudence exam preparation). *Acceptance into UCSD program requires an application, score requirements, letters of recommendation, and an interview.
Dates & Deadlines:
2018 start dates:
- July 23: Prepare for the TOEFL and the April 2019 FPGEE test date
- September 4: Prepare for the TOEFL and the April 2019 FPGEE test date
2019 start dates:
- January 21
- March 11
- June 24
- September 3
- November 11
Interested students may complete the online form no later than 6-8 weeks in advance of program start date to allow for Visa and I-20 processing, in order to be considered for the 2018/2019 program
- Available to Saudi Arabian pharmacy graduates who have a scholarship administered through the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
- Completed Pharmacy Degree for Licensure: You must have completed at least a five-year pharmacy curriculum at the time of graduation.
- A valid IELTS or TOEFL score