Simulation in Nursing Education
Kaplan Nursing’s Mid-Fidelity Simulations give students a realistic and comprehensive clinical experience. They can be used as clinical makeups and include over 40 hours of clinical time. Each of the 6 scenarios includes 5 modules and takes up to 5-8 hours to complete. Scenarios cover:
- Charting and assessment: students must review a client’s charts to determine which facts are relevant based on the presenting facts.
- Physical assessment: students must examine the client with over 60 interactive tools and test with real-time feedback.
- Diagnosis assessment: students must assess if their diagnosis worked in a simulated follow-up session with the client.
At the end of each module, students will receive a report to review how much time they spent in each module, which correct answers they selected, which incorrect answers they chose, and what they should have answered that they did not. Completing mid-fidelity simulations requires students to think critically and make sound clinical judgments while taking a client through the entire nursing process of Chart Assessment, Physical Assessment, Nursing Diagnosis, Care Plans, and Evaluation.
The Kaplan Benchmark Testing Program includes six client simulations divided into five modules each. The cases include:
- Fundamentals: Geriatric Nursing
- Adult Health: Type 2 Diabetes
- Pediatric Nursing: Epilepsy
- Obstetrical Nursing: Premature Rupture of Membranes (PROM)
- Adult Health: Psychiatric Nursing - Alcohol Withdrawal
- Adult Health: COPD