Kaplan NCLEX-RN Review Options
Our NCLEX-RN review courses are second to none. Our extensive Qbank of realistic test questions, remediation services, expert instructors and comprehensive review resources prepare you to excel in the classroom on the NCLEX, and to become the next leaders in the field of nursing.
"Kaplan taught me to get inside the brain of the NCLEX®. I can confidently say, I could not have done it without Kaplan."
—Angela E., RN, Pennsylvania
Fast facts about the NCLEX®—and your NCLEX® prep
You’ve finished nursing school. Now it’s time to practice your profession. Here are a few things you should know about the NCLEX®, the licensure exam you need to become a nurse, and your NCLEX® prep.
- The National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX®), aka “The Boards,” is designed to determine that you’ll be a safe and effective nurse throughout your career.
- When you are eligible to take the NCLEX®, you will receive an invitation from your nursing school.
- The computer-based exam costs $200, and is offered throughout the year.
- The NCLEX-RN® exam is pass/fail based on your ability to answer passing-level questions correctly. On Test Day, you will see anywhere from 75 to 265 questions and have up to 6 hours to complete the exam.
- The NCLEX-PN® exam is pass/fail based on your ability to answer passing-level questions correctly. On Test Day, you will see anywhere from 85 to 205 questions and have up to 6 hours to complete the exam.
- On NCLEX® Test Day, you'll have a maximum of 6 hours to complete the exam, which includes a tutorial in the beginning.
- There is an optional break after 2 hours of testing, and another optional break after 3.5 hours of testing.
- Multiple-choice questions on both the NCLEX-RN® and the NCLEX-PN® have 4 possible answer choices. Both exams also contain multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, hot spots, chart/exhibit, and drag-and-drop question types.
- When planning your NCLEX® review, Kaplan Nursing suggests you start prepping three months before the exam.
- During your NCLEX® prep with Kaplan Nursing, we recommend you do up to approximately 75 practice questions per day. This will give you the opportunity to evaluate your performance and learn from your mistakes so you don’t repeat them on Test Day.
- Your NCLEX® review period with Kaplan Nursing will also give you time to scout your testing location beforehand, prepare for all possible variables, and eliminate any unwanted stressors that could arise on NCLEX® Test Day.
We teach you exclusive, clinical reasoning skills that help you answer passing-level questions correctly and master the test.
We focus on content-in-context and passing level questions to give you everything you need to pass—the first time.
Our Qbank and Question Trainers emphasize alternate-item question types and give you realistic practice in an NCLEX®-style interface.
Our pass guarantee is designed to help you pass the NCLEX® exam and begin your life as a nurse as quickly as possible.