You can register online for the GMAT at mba.com. The cost—or “appointment fee”–to take the exam is currently $250. The Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC) takes personal checks, money orders, and most major credit cards.
If you’re re-taking the GMAT, just follow the same procedures. However, keep in mind that you are not allowed to take the GMAT more than once in any 31-day period.
Choose a Testing Center
Register and Schedule Your Appointment
Register by Phone
The Americas: Call toll-free (within the United States and Canada only) 800-717-GMAT (4628) or call the customer service line (952) 681-3680. The lines are operational from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time.
Asia Pacific: +852-3077-4926, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. AEST
China: 86-10-82345675, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. China Standard Time
India: +91 120 439-7830, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time
Europe/Middle East/Africa: +44 (0) 161 855 7219, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. GMT
Register by Fax
The Americas: (952) 681-3681
Asia Pacific and India: +91-120-4001660
Europe/Middle East/Africa: +44 (0) 161 855 7301
Register by Mail
The fee to take the GMAT is US$250 worldwide. It is payable by credit card online or by mailing in a check. If you have questions about GMAT registration, visit mba.com or call 800-717-GMAT (4628).
Rescheduling or Canceling an Appointment
The Day of the Test
Identify Yourself Correctly
- Government-issued driver’s license
- Government-issued national/state/province identity card (including European ID card)
- Military ID card
- Your name in the Roman alphabet. It must be exactly the same as what you provided when you made your appointment, including the order and placement of the names.
- Your date of birth. The date of birth must also exactly match the date provided when you made your appointment.
- A recent, recognizable photograph
- Your signature