Houston Medical Live Center
From the spacious apartments, to the world's largest Medical Center, and Livestock Show and Rodeo, Houston certainly lives up to its reputation. Houston has one of the youngest, diverse populations, as well as cheapest cost of living in the U.S. On your days off from studying, visit Discovery Green Park for a kayak boat ride, Saturday Yoga sessions, or Summer Salsa dancing. Hungry? The city is also a foodies' dream, with over 11,000 restaurants of seemingly infinite cuisines to sample. Yes, you'll be busy alright...busy enjoying life.
Top 5 things to do:
- Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, showcasing famous work like the Menil Collection.
- Meditate at the Rothko Chapel, a sanctuary for anyone looking for solitude and tranquility.
- Visit the Museum of Natural Science, and catch a movie at the IMAX theater.
- Shop at the Houston Galleria, the 4th largest indoor mall in the nation.
- Explore Rice Village, just blocks away from Kaplan, for an array of shops, spas, restaurants, and pubs.
The Texas Medical Center, the world's largest group of medical institutions and associations, is located within miles of Kaplan. This access provides a multitude of opportunities for our USMLE candidates for research positions, observerships, externships, and, ultimately, residency positions.
Explore Housing Options
Have additional questions about housing opportunities? Join your Kaplan Center Facebook page! You’ll get updates about the center and have the ability to connect with other students before you arrive.
- Extended Stay America - Greenway Plaza
2330 Southwest Fwy. Houston, TX 77098
- Candlewood Suites Houston
10025 South Main Street. Houston, Texas 77025
Special Discount available for Kaplan Students.
Special rates for a single bed are $59/day if staying 1 month, $70/day if weekly, $85/day.
This includes a free shuttle from the hotel to Kaplan every hour from 7am-6pm.
Offer is also available for two beds.
- Moody Manor at Houston Medical Center
7706 Main Street, Houston, TX 77030
Ask for Medical Rates when booking.
- Extended Stay America - Reliant Park
7979 Fannin St. | Houston, TX 77054
- Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza
2828 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX
Reservations can be made by calling 713-942- 2111 or 866-837- 4263. $129/$139 including breakfast.
- Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
6800 Main Street, Houston, TX A NLRA rate of 10% off
- The Broadmead Apartment Homes
2801 Broadmead Drive, Houston, TX 77025
- The Broadmead Apartment Homes
7510 Brompton Road, Houston, TX 77025
- Camden Vanderbilt
7171 Buffalso Speedway, Houston, TX 77025
- The Belmont
3000 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX, 77005
Sotheby's International Realty
- Free service for students. Short term leases available. Have worked to place many of our Houston medical students.
- For more information please contact Karen Reicheck at 713-826-6527 / Karen.Reichek@sothebyshomes.com or Lisa Reichek at 713 882-0828 / Lisa.Reichek@sothebyshomes.com. Download Flyer
Want to learn more about the Houston Kaplan Medical Live center?
Call +1 713 520 7223 to speak with an advisor today.
- USMLE Step 1 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 1 Prep- Live
- USMLE Step 1 Prep- In Center
- USMLE Step 2 CK Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep-Live
- USMLE Step 2 CK Prep-In Center
- USMLE Step 3 Plus Programs
- USMLE Step 3 Prep In Center
IMG-friendly hospitals near the center
- Baylor Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- University of Texas at Houston
- MD Anderson
- 1 floor of classrooms
- 2 floors of study space with group and quite study rooms
- 1 large computer lab
- Student lounge with microwave, filtered water, coffee machine, & vending machines
- Prayer room
- Free wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi)
I enjoy studying in the Houston Kaplan Center because it allows me to meet people of different cultures, but with the same goals and interests as me.