Take 25% off USMLE® prep
How you prep matters. Learn what you need to know with Kaplan, and take 25% off during out biggest sale of the year. Save 25% on Live, In Center, On Demand, Live Online and Qbank Integrated Plan.
Demonstrate that your procedure skills are residency ready with Medical Procedures for Residency, a hands-on experience designed by NYU School of Medicine faculty. Students who successfully complete the procedures will receive a certificate that can be listed on their ERAS application and resume. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is also included.
NYSIM Medical Procedures for Residency Curriculum
- Introductory Lectures and Demonstration
- Acquiring Ultrasound Images
- Pelvic Examination and Endocervical Testing
- Airway Skills, Basic
- Airway Skills, Advanced
- Arterial Blood Gas and Arterial Lines
- Internal Jugular Central Venous Catheter (US Guided)
- Subclavian Vein Central Venous Catheter
- Femoral Vein Central Venous Catheter
- Inserting Securing and Dressing the Catheter
- Thoracentesis and Paracentesis
- Lumbar Puncture
- Laceration Repair
- Incision and Drainage of Abscess
- Intraosseous Needle Catheter, Venipuncture and IV Catheter
The program also includes a half-day session covering BLS and ACLS. Candidates who meet the required standard will receive BLS and ACLS certification from the American Heart Association. Your ACLS certification can be promoted in the ACLS section of ERAS.
What you get:
- Master the standard of care in the United States in a safe, supportive environment using evidence-based simulations.
- Covers 15 procedures required in residency, including ultrasound guided techniques and ACLS. Learn More.
- NYU School of Medicine faculty demonstrate each procedure in small groups (~5 students) and guide each student to successful completion. Plenty of time is provided for practice.
- Prepare with a comprehensive written guide including step-by-step presentations of each procedure.
- Takes place over 2.5 days at NYSIM, a 25,000 square foot, state-of-the-art simulation center in Manhattan.
- Ideal for Residency applicants entering any medical or surgical field.
Here's what your peers say about the course:
*Kaplan does not guarantee placement into any residency program.
Medical Procedures for Residency is delivered by New York Simulation Center for the Health Sciences and is available exclusively through Kaplan.