COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
We’re keeping an eye on the COVID-19 situation and will update existing and prospective students as more information becomes available, and we will continue to update these FAQs.
Updated August 26, 2020
Are in-person classes canceled due to COVID-19?
- All students who were currently scheduled into an in-person class have been moved to a live online experience for the health and safety of students, employees, and our communities. Our teachers are trained to teach in an online environment and we are confident you will have a great learning experience. After checking it out, if you are not satisfied, please give us a call and we’ll arrange to push your class times to a later date, when In Person classes are likely to resume.
- We will communicate any details about your particular class via email, so please be sure to check for any emails from Kaplan with further information.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and we will update you along the way, so expect to hear more from us.
- If you would like to make any changes to your start dates or prep options, please use these instructions:
- Click on the Support tab
- Click Create a New Case
- Topic: My current or past prep
- Topic Details: Changes to my class or program
- Additional Information: Enter your preferred days and times for an online course
- We’ll handle the rest and send you an update
What are my options if I want to minimize my contact with others?
At this time, we have the ability to deliver all of our test prep experiences in an online environment -- live or on-demand, allowing you to study in the comfort of your home. Choose a course, tutoring or any of our practice options, and you will get plenty of online learning tools to take you to test day.
What if my school or company is hosting a class at my location?
In collaboration with your school or company, we have moved all classes to a live online format. You will get further information on how to access from Kaplan or your school or company. Feel free to contact your school or company representative for further details.
What if I am on a student visa at a Kaplan location?
Currently all Kaplan locations are closed to students as a precautionary measure to help halt the spread of coronavirus. Please check with your local team via e-mail or Facebook for the latest updates. F-1 Students planning to enter the US in April or later can choose to move their start dates to May or June. Please contact International Admissions at DirectMed.Admissions@kaplan.com.
Where do I find out information about the test I’m planning to take?
For additional information regarding test administration cancellations and test site closures, the test makers and test site administrators are providing updates at the following sites:
Bar: Each jurisdiction will have their own updates, so please check your local jurisdiction
Pearson VUE (testing centers): https://home.pearsonvue.com/
Prometric (testing centers): https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update
What should I do if I’m nervous or anxious about the virus?
First, recognize it’s normal to have these kinds of feelings. This is a serious situation. Here are practical steps you can take:
- Focus on what is in your control. For whatever is stressing you out the most, determine one concrete thing you can do. Then do it.
- Take a deep breath and exhale slowly to interrupt anxious thoughts and anchor yourself to the present.
- Practice good anti-disease hygiene. Make a personal preparedness plan. Get sleep and exercise. Eat right.
This guidance might sound familiar. It’s how to approach anxiety-producing standardized tests. As our teachers say, control what is in your control.
What should I do to protect myself and others from spreading the virus?
1) Follow all local government guidelines on social distancing and slowing the spread of this virus.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Practice respiratory hygiene: cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- If you have fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
What protective measures are in place in Kaplan facilities and classrooms?