STAYING SAFE DURING COVID-19
Kaplan's priority continues to be the health and safety of our instructors and students. We continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state, and other governmental and health authorities. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaplan continues to implement safety procedures for in-person classes that comply with CDC and local guidelines and requirements.
HOW WE’RE KEEPING YOU SAFE IN CLASS
By entering the Kaplan class location, you are confirming that you can truthfully comply with the requirements of the Daily Health Screening Questionnaire each time you enter the classroom.
- View Daily Health Screening Questionnaire Here
If you cannot comply with the requirements of the Daily Health Screening Questionnaire, please do not attend class.
Kaplan has instituted the following safety protocols. All individuals attending a Kaplan class must commit to the following:
- All students are required to wear a mask at all times in the Kaplan classroom, regardless of vaccination status.
- All students should apply hand sanitizer and/or wash hands upon entering the location and reapply hand sanitizer and/or wash hands if leaving and returning to the classroom.
- Classroom space and permitted class size will allow for some social distancing between students and from the instructor, but may differ based on location.
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN ATTENDING CLASS OR STUDYING IN A KAPLAN FACILITY
- Facial masks are required in the classroom and in common areas.
- Ensure that your mouth and nose are covered.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- When sneezing or coughing, use a tissue or the inside of your elbow to cover your mouth and nose; wash hands immediately after.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before entering the classroom or common areas.
- If using soap and water, ensure that you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- If using hand sanitizer, ensure that it contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintain a safe social distance between yourself and others when possible.
Please DO NOT attend class if
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have been in close contact with others who have tested positive for COVID-19 during the past 14 days.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- You currently live with someone or currently care for someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You have traveled to a foreign country with a level 2, 3, or 4 travel advisory by the US State Department, or visited states or cities with known widespread transmission of COVID-19, within the last 14 days.
Failure to abide by Kaplan’s safety procedures may result in dismissal from the Kaplan course. Note that these restrictions are subject to change at any time. Even in light of the safety procedures put in place by Kaplan, attending a Kaplan course at any classroom location involves the risk of exposure to or contraction of COVID-19 which may cause serious injury, loss of work, or death.