STAYING SAFE DURING COVID-19
Learn the precautions we’re taking in the classroom, and what to expect when you attend class or are studying in a Kaplan facility. We’re keeping an eye on the COVID-19 situation and will update existing and prospective students as more information becomes available.
HOW WE’RE KEEPING YOU SAFE IN CLASS
- Classrooms will be frequently cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
- Locations will provide two weeks’ notice to facilities before opening, to allow for deep cleaning.
- If a student has been sick, Kaplan classrooms will implement official disinfecting protocols for both the classroom and common areas.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes will be widely available for use.
- All faculty and students will be required to wear facial masks at all times.
- Official guidelines will be provided and enforced.
- Guidelines will be enforced throughout classrooms and common areas.
- Desks and tables will be spaced to ensure 6 feet of separation between each (both adjacent and across).
- Social distance floor markings will be posted in Kaplan-controlled common areas and classrooms to remind students and faculty of protocol.
- The number of individuals in elevators and common areas will be limited, to decrease crowding.
- All locations will implement screening policies according to government regulations and, where applicable, landlord requirements.
- Protocols will ensure privacy and confidentiality of screening results; processes are in place for students who refuse screening.
- Health screeners are trained in proper use of equipment in accordance with manufacturer instruction, as well as proper disinfection protocols between screenings.
- Policies and procedures will provide for the maintenance of social distancing during screening and protect the safety of the screeners.
- In jurisdictions that require temperature taking, contactless thermometers will be provided.
- Results will be recorded and kept confidential; students with a temperature of 100.4°F and above will not attend class.
- Floor markers and signage will serve to remind students and faculty to follow all guidelines.
- Pre-attendance emails will be sent to further inform students of safe classroom protocol.
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN ATTENDING CLASS OR STUDYING IN A KAPLAN FACILITY
Facial masks are required in the classroom in common areas.
Ensure that your mouth and nose are covered.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
When sneezing or coughing, use a tissue or the inside of your elbow to cover your mouth and nose; wash hands immediately after.
Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before entering the classroom or common areas.
If using soap and water, ensure that you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
If using hand sanitizer, ensure that it contains at least 60% alcohol.
Maintain a distance of 6 feet (2 arm’s lengths) between yourself and others at all times.
Please DO NOT attend class if
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have been in close contact with others who have tested positive for COVID-19 during the past 14 days.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- You currently live with someone or currently care for someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You have traveled to a foreign country with a level 2, 3, or 4 travel advisory by the US State Department, or visited states or cities with known widespread transmission of COVID-19, within the last 14 days.