Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 877-680-2317.
Your California Privacy Rights. California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act:
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” to mean “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected. You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
● Identifiers. We collect your name, phone number, contact address and email address when you engage with our website. We use this information to manage and provide the Services that you request, respond to your requests, and to communicate with you about the Services. We collect your social media handle when you interact with our Services through social media. We use this information to improve the user experience and our Service.
● Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). In addition to the identifiers in the above section, we collect your credit card number to provide you with requested Services. We may also collect information regarding your education and occupation to optimize additional products and services that may be of interest to you.
● Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. In addition to the variables listed above, we may also collect age, gender, marital status, and demographics to further understand our customers, and personalize offerings of products or services.
● Internet or other similar network activity. We automatically collect information about your browsing history and your interaction with the content of our Services to measure activity, determine the effectiveness of our Services, and improve them.
● Sensory Data. We collect your audio or voice recordings to provide you with Services.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
We do not sell personal information and in the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Right to Know/Access Information. You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you over the past 12 months and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our users’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information. You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our users’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request. You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information through any of the following means:
(1) By filling out a Consumer Data Request Form available here
(2) By sending us an email at email@example.com
(3) By calling us at 877-680-2317.
Only you or your authorized agent may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf, we may require that you (1) provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (2) provide a copy of the authorization or provide a copy of a power of attorney that complies with California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465 so that we can verify the identity of the authorized agent.
In verifying requests, we employ reasonable measures to detect fraudulent requests and prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. To meet our obligations, we are required to verify your identity, and the identity of your authorized agent, if the request is submitted via an agent, by associating the information provided in your request to personal information previously collected by us.
If we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity on or from the password-protected account, we may decline a request or request that you provide further verifying information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12-month period. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties. You have the right to opt out of any sale of your Personal Information by Kaplan to third parties. We do not sell information to third parties.
Right to Information Regarding Participation in Data Sharing for Financial Incentives. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. We do not discriminate against anyone who chooses to exercise their CCPA rights.
Rev. September 2022