Free Practice Test Options for the GRE
How would you score if you took the GRE today? We'll help you become familiar with what to expect on Test Day so you can raise your confidence — and your score.
The realistic practice test that you can take on your own or as part of a scheduled event is also the diagnostic exam for our GRE prep courses. If you decide to take a course with us, we can use your performance on the practice test to power our adaptive learning technology — Smart Reports™ — and make customized recommendations to help you make the most of your study time.
You'll need approximately 4 hours to complete this practice test. You should take it in a quiet place where you'll have a consistent internet connection and no interruptions.
More Ways to Practice for Free
Looking for a fun way to take on some GRE-style questions leading up to Test Day? Our Question of the Day for the GRE delivers extra practice to your inbox every day.
Register now and receive:
- Daily GRE-style practice questions
- Detailed answers and explanations
- Expert strategies and tips from Kaplan-certified instructors
This self-proctored practice test allows you to:
- Take a full-length, realistic practice test for the GRE anytime, at your convenience
- Receive a detailed score analysis, answers and explanations for up to 18 sample questions through video instruction by expert faculty
- Get a taste of our exclusive adaptive learning technology — Smart Reports™
- Learn exclusive strategies to help you improve your score
This proctored practice test allows you to:
- Experience a full-length, realistic practice test under proctored conditions
- Receive a detailed score analysis, answers and live explanations from expert faculty
- Receive a mini-lesson filled with exclusive strategies taught by our expert faculty
- Get your questions answered via live chat and participate in our interactive classroom.