Graduate School Admissions Consulting
The graduate school application process is arduous; you need to find the right program, draft countless essays, orchestrate recommendations, and navigate the interview process.
Your Kaplan consultant will take the guesswork out of the process and help you make a convincing case for your admission.
Learn about our Services
Designed for flexibility—choose between 3-, 10-, and 15-hour consulting packages.
How do you benefit?
- Get expert one-on-one advice from Kaplan's esteemed team of graduate school admission insiders
- Stay ahead of deadlines with a detailed action plan
- Benefit from discreet, impartial guidance on personal statements, resumes, and interviews
- Assess your acceptance chances at your target graduate programs
How does the service work?
- Your consulting package can include whatever guidance you need depending where you are in the graduate school application process.
- You'll start with a 15-minute introductory call, during which you and your consultant will determine how to structure your sessions together. The first 15 minutes are on us, allowing you and your consultant to get to know each other and ensure the best match possible.
- From there, you'll act as a team, strategizing on how to build the most compelling application package for you.
Graduate School Admissions Component
Personal statement topic brainstorm
1st draft of personal statement
2nd/3rd review of personal statement
4th review and on
Financial aid guidance
Letters of recommendation guidance
Already a student? Ask about special Kaplan student rates saving you as much as 17% off the regular rates.*
Admissions Consulting Package Options
Basic 3 Hour Package
Comprehensive 10 Hour Package
Premium 15 Hour Package
*Certain restrictions and pricing applies to rushed enrollments. Call1-800-KAP-TEST for details.
Customize the service to meet your needs
Graduate School Admissions Consulting is available in four standard packages:
- Basic (3 Hours)
- Comprehensive (10 hours)
- Premium (15 hours)
Basic is best for applicants:
- Who have assembled most of 1-2 applications themselves and are looking for a final, professional review
- Who are looking to get preliminary guidance on the admissions process
Comprehensive and Premium are best for applicants:
- Who are applying to a longer list of graduate schools
- Who need help from the very beginning stages
- Who don't yet have a draft of one essay
- Who have a significant weakness or several complicating factors that need to be addressed
Choose the right package for you and customize your time to meet your specific needs. You can always add additional hours at any time for $249/hour.*
*Certain restrictions and pricing applies to rushed enrollments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Graduate School Admissions Consulting right for me?
Most applicants are going to be qualified for some range of schools. However most people are "on the bubble" somewhere, meaning the next level of schools is just beyond their reach. Applicants applying to competitive programs, international applicants, weaker writers, or those who have complicating factors like weaker GRE scores or GPAs can all benefit from the guidance of a seasoned admissions professional.
How does the service work?
One business day after you enroll in Graduate School Admissions Consulting, you will receive a welcome email with a link to a brief survey. The survey inquires about your goals, target schools, and more to help us better understand your needs. We then use this information to match you with the right consultant.
The service is delivered remotely with your consultant advising you via phone and email. The remote delivery allows Kaplan to provide the most convenient scheduling and to match you with exactly the right consultant regardless of geography.
What are the consultants' credentials?
Kaplan's graduate school admissions consultants are so effective because of their deep experience in the field. Most have served on admissions committees—many at the top graduate programs—and they bring really cogent insight into the admissions decision-making process. Most importantly, they understand that this process is about you presenting the best you possible. Our consultants know how essential it is to preserve and amplify your voice. They bring their expertise to bear to help you succeed.
Does my consultant do the work for me?
Absolutely not! Kaplan consultants work with you to enhance your original work. They'll help you brainstorm, polish your work, and help you position yourself for the greatest effect. But don't forget, graduate school is a very personal choice—it's important that the schools understand who you are as a person. And Kaplan graduate school admission consultants can help you do that.
How should I best use the consulting time?
Our consultants have "billable" hours for the services they provide. They have guidelines as to how much time to spend on any individual aspect of the service and will continuously update you on the amount of time you have remaining.
If you don't use all of your purchased time, you can receive a refund for all whole unused hours at the rate of $100/hr. In addition, if you wish to add time, you can purchase additional hours at the rate of $249/hr. There are several different package options that drop the price-per-hour down to as little as $145/hour*. You may not purchase individual hours before purchasing one of our standard packages.
*Certain restrictions and pricing applies to rushed enrollments. Call 1-800-KAP-TEST for details.