Multistate Bar Exam Supplemental Courses
Realistic test instruction and practice to master the MBE. Learn test-taking strategies, and how to apply them to the test questions.
Miss a lecture? Want to review a concept? Classes are archived online so you can listen to an entire lecture or just parts of one at your convenience.
Supplemental Courses include our online MBE Qbank, with 800 sample test questions and detailed answer explanations, in addition to those provided in the course material. You can use it to create customized practice quizzes and track your progress.
We offer an additional 32 hours of substantive lectures on all 7 MBE topics as MP3s so you can listen to them anytime, anywhere.
Have a question about the outlines or practice materials presented in our courses? Send us an e-mail. Our attorneys will help you get back on track.
- Practice workbook with more than 1,000 questions
- Diagnostic 50-question quizzes in each subject
- Multi-state workbook
About the MBE
What is the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE)?
The MBE is a national, 6-hour, 200-question multiple-choice test. In most states, the MBE accounts for 40% to 50% of your Bar Exam score. Nationally, 29% of all Bar Exam takers do not pass the exam. Many who fail miss getting a passing score by just a small margin. Answering a few extra MBE questions correctly can make the difference between passing and failing the Bar Exam.
Important MBE Facts
- The MBE accounts for one full day of the Bar Exam and is required by every state except Louisiana and Washington.
- The MBE is divided into two 3-hour sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, with 100 questions in each session.
- Subjects tested on the MBE: Civil Procedure (25 questions), Constitutional Law (25 questions), Contracts (25 questions), Criminal Law and Procedure (25 questions), Evidence (25 questions), Real Property (25 questions), and Torts (25 questions)
- 25 of the 200 MBE questions are not used for scoring purposes. These questions are indistinguishable from the live test items.
- You have an average of 1.8 minutes to answer each question.
Weight of MBE by State
District of Columbia 50%
New Hampshire 50%
New Jersey 50%
New Mexico 50%
New York 40%
North Carolina 40%
North Dakota 50%
Rhode Island 50%
South Carolina --
South Dakota 50%
West Virginia 50%