Looking for a different state?
Attend live, expert-led classes online. Or stream on-demand lectures to keep your review going on your own time—day or night.
Lock in this price with a $20 registration fee.
Get the full review course, plus a lot extra—at no additional cost. You’ll get access to our bar-raising set of MBE flashcards, a second course within five years, and more. Sounds great, right? To make it even better, learn how your law firm can cover the cost.
Save $1,400 or more when you choose Kaplan Bar Review
Complete bar prep is just $1,499 for the 2021 bar
Lock in your choice early and save even more on our bar review:
2L students save $1,500 - Pay just $1,399 for 2022 bar prep
1L students save $1,600 - Pay just $1,299 for 2023 bar prep
Add to cart to see discount. Promotional pricing ends 9/30/2020*
93% of Kaplan first-time students pass the Uniform Bar Exam*
That’s right, first-time students who do 75% of the assigned practice have a pass rate* of 93% on the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE).
*Pass rates based on responses to a survey of all first-time takers from accredited ABA law schools who are JD graduates and prepared for the July 2019 bar examination with Kaplan Bar Review. “Assigned practice” means MBE questions and essays assigned by Kaplan in its Bar Review Course.
Online review means you’ll never miss a thing. Stream missed classes, watch on-demand lectures, or chat with teachers and peers. Oh, and bonus: Our attorneys are available 24/7 for all your late night studying.
Practice with 4,000 MBE questions and get explanations for every answer. Even better, submit unlimited essays in response to real bar questions*. Our lawyers will give you feedback on every essay.
*In states where released.
Washington Bar Exam Information
About the Bar Exam
Washington has adopted the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE®). It is a two-day exam, which takes place on the last Tuesday and Wednesday of February and July. The Multistate Essay Exam (MEE®) and the Multistate Performance Tests (MPT®) are administered on Tuesday; the Mulitstate Bar Exam (MBE®) is administered on Wednesday.
Bar Exam Format
The Washington Bar Exam is a two-day exam.
- Day 1: AM: Six Multistate Essay Exam (MEE®) essays. PM: Two Multistate Performance Tests (MPT®s).
- Day 2: 200-question, multiple-choice Multistate Bar Exam (MBE®).
Business Associations (Agency and Partnership; Corporations and Limited Liability Companies), Civil Procedure, Conflict of Laws, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Procedure, Evidence, Family Law, Real Property, Torts, Trusts and Estates (Decedents' Estates; Trusts and Future Interests), and Uniform Commercial Code (Secured Transactions).
Bar Exam Dates
- February 25-26, 2020
- July 28-29, 2020
The Washington Bar Exam will require a minimum scaled combined score of 270 points out of 400 points to pass. The MBE is weighted at 50% of the score, the Essays are weighted at 30%, and the MPTs are weighted at 20%.
A minimum passing scaled score is 85 or higher.
MPRE® Policy: The MPRE® score must be earned no more than 3 years prior to or 40 months after the successful UBE®.
Qualifications for Admission by Motion in Washington State:
- Lawyers admitted to the practice of law in other states or territories of the United States or the District of Columbia are not required to sit for the lawyer bar examination if they present satisfactory proof of admission and current good standing in that jurisdiction, together with proof of active legal experience for at least three of the past five years immediately preceding the filing of the application.
- Washington Law Component Test
- In order to be licensed by the Washington Supreme Court to practice law as a lawyer in Washington, you must successfully pass the Washington Law Component (WLC). The purpose of the WLC is to educate new lawyers in Washington about areas of law that are unique to Washington law or that are substantially different from the law tested on the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE®). The WLC minimum pass score is 80%. The WLC includes 15 outlines on various subjects of law specific to Washington. There are 60 multiple-choice questions to be answered in four hours, with access to the materials while taking the test.
- The WLC is self-administered by applicants and is available to applicants through the online admissions site after filing the application and paying the application fee.
- Lawyer Bar Exam applicants must pass the WLC within 40 months of passing the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE®).
We have what you need
Practice using our bank of real bar exam essays, and get them graded by real lawyers. Submit as many times as you want.
With on demand lectures, a highly rated mobile app, and the option to stream live lectures, you can prep anywhere, any time.
Real time questions need real time answers. Email our attorneys, and you'll get an answer within 3 business days.