GMAT Test Prep
Plan your GMAT test prep around your schedule with live online GMAT prep courses, private tutoring, and other Kaplan options designed to help you get the most out of your prep.
Prep smarter, score higher — guaranteed, or your money back*
The GMAT Test: Fast Facts
- GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. The GMAT is a standardized, computer-adaptive exam used for admission to business school programs.
- You’ll find four types of sections on the GMAT: Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Verbal, and Quantitative. Kaplan offers ways to customize your GMAT prep around what is on the GMAT.
- The GMAT is scored in three parts: Verbal and Quantitative performance is scored on a range of 200–800, Integrated Reasoning is scored from 1–8, and the Analytical Writing Assessment is scored on a range of 0–6 in half-point increments.
- The GMAT is 3 hours, 30 minutes long, not including short breaks. Our GMAT prep options help keep you on the ball in terms of timing.
- The GMAT is offered at Pearson VUE Ⓡ centers globally. Your GMAT score remains valid for five years, and is accepted at thousands of business schools worldwide. Taking the GMAT costs $250.
- Your official GMAT score is sent to the schools you designated within 20 days of taking the test.
- How and how long you should prepare for the GMAT depends on your available time, baseline score, and your target score. GMAT test-takers who scored 700 or higher study an average of 120 hours for the exam.
- To determine what’s a good GMAT score for you, look at the average scores at your selected programs and gauge which scores will make you competitive.
Have questions? Call 1-800-KAP-TEST.
THE MOST LIVE INSTRUCTION
THE GMAT Channel - a Kaplan exclusive! The most live GMAT instruction available, anywhere, taught online by our highest rated faculty and access to recorded content on demand, 24/7.
No risk. All reward. Get a higher GMAT score guaranteed or your money back.*
THE REALISM OF TEST DAY
Only Kaplan offers the Official Test Day Experience. Take a practice GMAT test at an actual Pearson VUE GMAT testing facility so you know exactly what to expect on Test Day.
9 full-length computer adaptive GMAT practice tests and over 5,000 practice questions which drive personalized recommendations based on your performance.
*Offer: $175 off applies to GMAT® Private Tutoring, In Person, and Live Online new enrollments from November 20, 2017 through November 23, 2017 11:59 p.m. ET only. Self Paced courses, Math Foundations, Advanced Math, The Official Test Day Experience, Practice Packs, and Qbank are excluded from this offer. Discount may not be combined with any other promotion or offer.
*Higher Score Guarantee: Conditions and restrictions apply. For complete guarantee eligibility requirements, visit kaptest.com/hsg.