U.S. Clinical Experience
Clinical experience is essential to securing your medical residency. Kaplan has included clinical rotations in its USMLE® Step 2 with Clinical prep.
Course Start Dates:
• September 17, 2019
• January 7, 2020
• July 7, 2020
- Step 2 CK prep live lectures
- Over 115 hours video lectures organized by discipline
- Real clinical experience at a U.S. hospital located in Miami, FL
- Personal advising and increased chances to match
- Rotation opportunities in Family Medicine, Surgery, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine subspecialties including Nephrology, Intensive Care Unit/ Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Neurology, Gastroenterology, and Hematology/Oncology
- Exposure and training on Electronic Medical Record Utilization
USMLE® Step 2 with U.S. Clinical is I-20 eligible
The 6-month program will include a total of 8 weeks of clinical experience at Kaplan’s training location in a U.S. hospital.
The 12-month program will include a total of 28 weeks of clinical experience at Kaplan’s training location in a U.S. hospital.
- Performing routine procedures as directed by the physician
- Administering basic first aid and assisting with patient examinations or treatments
- Reporting patients’ signs and symptoms
- Performing basic laboratory procedures
- Operating office medical equipment
- Taking vitals and preparing patients for the physician’s care
- Case review with attending physician
For the first time, you can combine your prep with the real clinical experience you need to match into residency. Clinical experience in a U.S. hospital will strengthen your residency application and give you the confidence you need to know you can do this.
Specific requirements are necessary to enroll in this program, please call 1-800-527-8378 (1-212-997-5883 outside of the US or Canada) to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Step 2 with Clinical program I20 eligible?
Yes, Kaplan is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
What is the difference between the 6 and 12-month programs?
The 6 and 12-month program both include Step 2 CK prep at Kaplan. The programs differ by the number of weeks you will go through rotations. Students who enroll in the 12-month program will complete 28-weeks of rotations. Students who enroll in the 6-month program will complete 8-weeks of rotations.
What rotation opportunities are available ?
Family Medicine, Surgery, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine Subspecialties:(Nephrology, Intensive Care Unit/ Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology).
What will I receive after completing the rotations in USMLE Step 2 with Clinical?
After each clinical rotation students’ will receive a performance evaluation by the hospital Attending. Upon successful completion of clinical experiences, students will have the opportunity to receive Letters of Recommendation from participating physicians.
How does this program different from an Observership?
An Observership is an informal shadowing experience that enables participants to watch procedures and surgeries. Our clinical experience program allows students the ability to interact with patients and assist in various aspects of medical practice under the direct supervision of a physician.
When will I complete my Step 2 CK prep?
Students will complete their Step 2 CK prep prior to the practical clinical rotation component. Step 2 CK prep at Kaplan Miami will be completed in approximately 4 months.
Can I enroll in clinical rotations without Step 2 CK prep?
No, students can’t enroll in clinical rotations separately. They must enroll in either the 6 or 12-month USMLE Step 2 with Clinical program to get access to clinical rotations.
How do I work with my medical advisor during my prep?
You’ll receive personal one-on-one advising sessions to create the optimal study plan that will help you succeed in your USMLE review.
Do I receive any additional certifications with this program?
Yes, students will also receive Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification through this program.