You can register online for the GMAT at mba.com. The cost—or “appointment fee”–to take the exam is currently $250 in the United States, but the price varies from country to country. The Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC) takes personal checks, money orders, and most major credit cards.
If you’re re-taking the GMAT, just follow the same procedures. However, keep in mind that you are not allowed to take the GMAT more than once in any 16-day period.
Choose a Testing Center
Register and Schedule Your Appointment
Register by Phone
The Americas: Call toll-free (within the United States and Canada only) 800-717-GMAT (4628) or call the customer service line (952) 681-3680. The lines are operational from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time.
Asia Pacific: +852-3077-4926, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. AEST
China: 86-10-82345675, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. China Standard Time
Europe/Middle East/Africa: +44 (0) 161 855 7219, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. GMT
Register by Fax
The Americas: (952) 681-3681
Asia Pacific and India: +91-120-4001660
Europe/Middle East/Africa: +44 (0) 161 855 7301
Register by Mail
The fee to take the GMAT varies by country. It is payable by credit card online or by mailing in a check. If you have questions about GMAT registration, visit mba.com or call 800-717-GMAT (4628).
Rescheduling or Canceling an Appointment
The Day of the Test
Identify Yourself Correctly
- Government-issued driver’s license
- Government-issued national/state/province identity card (including European ID card)
- Military ID card
- Your name in the Roman alphabet. It must be exactly the same as what you provided when you made your appointment, including the order and placement of the names.
- Your date of birth. The date of birth must also exactly match the date provided when you made your appointment.
- A recent, recognizable photograph
- Your signature